if I was french

Tuesday, April 9, 2013







If I was french and had a few extra kids, this would be my life. Tous Les Jours Dimanche, translated means, Everyday Sunday. A delightful blog about a family living in a french country house.

The takeaways: 

• start back up our simple evening strolls.
• dust off my sewing machine and make some simple french frocks already. or at the very least, buy them here.
• choose words when writing as if english were my second language (I read through my rss which translates french interestingly, beautifully).
• the ocean and I are well acquainted, think farmhouse for our next getaway.
• let our unfinished side yard channel the land surrounding a french farmhouse. muddy, grass growing where it will, well worn paths, with tin pales and wood hanging stacked around. don't over-think it.
• snap my camera at more, moving through life moments.
• petulance makes a good picture.
• even people in that live in french farmhouses sometimes dream of going elsewhere.

Hope you enjoy. When you read a blog or go to a site, do you look for things that you can apply to your life? I'm always looking for new ways to see or things to learn. Any good sites you're loving right now? 

1 comments:

  1. I know their life is real and probably just as complicated as everyone else's- but I love the simpleness of it all- this is what our vacations look like (same feel much different location!) - simple and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete